Thursday, August 4, 2011

Loving my day off work

I recently became the proud owner of an antique mall flea market booth.  Now that I have given myself something I am financially responsible for every month, the motivation to start acquiring and refinishing furniture has magically appeared.  (Also it seems to have inspired really long, if not quite run-on, sentences.)
While out and about on my day off today, I ran by The Marketplace.  This particular antique mall, while not the one I have a booth in, is fabulous.  However, most of the time it is also full of quite pricey booths.  Since my mission in this endeavor is not only to create beautiful pieces, but to also make them affordable, I rarely purchase anything here.  But once in a while I do find something I can't live without:


Seriously, how cute is this little library shelf?  I am already trying to find it a home in my own house.  Which I can tell might become a problem for me; it isn't the only piece I have right now that I don't want to think about having to let go once I'm done.  

I also ran in to this guy:
I did not take him home.  I'm not sure why my first impulse when confronted with a human made of cardboard is to take a picture with it, but you're welcome.
A couple of days ago I also ran across this little table at a complete steal. Seriously they might as well have been giving it away.  It's a little ugly right now but when I get done with it you will all want her.  Okay, maybe not, but she will at least be less ugly and I'm sure I will want to keep her for myself.
Side note: please ignore our slightly brown lawn yard.  We don't water and evidently Mother Nature doesn't either.  I think I might need to practice my rain dance... which might work, if only to get me to stop dancing (that is something no one needs to see).  
Anyway...
I will put up some afters, hopefully in a few days!  Enjoy the upcoming weekend! (says the girl who works retail...sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment