Monday, August 29, 2011

Meet Annabelle

This past week I had to put a few other things on hold to fix up this little number for a friend's wedding.  I have had this dresser since I was maybe 15.  It was found in an antique shop and I've loved it ever since. It was time, however, to give it a new life and I love the way it turned out!  I had quite a few different ideas for it, but when a friend became engaged and told me I was in charge of decorations for the wedding I knew what I would do with it.  This is the original state... it was in very good shape and part of me cringed a little at the thought of messing with it's beautiful finish.
However, the mirror and boxes and general hoopla on top?  No longer loving so much.  And when I took that off of course I then had holes to fill and discolored areas to deal with and rough spots to smooth out.  So on the paint went.  And I think she's lovely.
After experimenting with a glaze that didn't look right (way too yellowy) I decided I would wallpaper the top of the dresser with this amazing stuff I found, along with the knobs, at Anthropologie.  Their hardware is to. die. for.  I really crossed my fingers on this one as I have never wallpapered a thing in my life.  All I can say is I will never be doing any walls in my house with the stuff, but furniture I can probably handle again.
And she was perfectly at home in her wedding ceremony.  Today I'm taking her to my booth to {hopefully} be my first big ticket item sold.  Wish me luck!







Altar'd Furniture Creations Blog

2 comments:

  1. wow, rebecca! i LOVE this! saw it at altar'd and fell head over heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! The dresser is adorable. So is your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete